NBCUniversal implemented an innovative text messaging campaign featuring the iconic horror character Chucky, to promote the 3rd season of its TV series. The dynamic campaign allowed fans to text directly with Chucky leading up to and during the season debut.
- Create buzz and affinity for Chucky Season 3
- Offer fans exclusive content and surprise/delight moments
- Generate viral chatter around the show
- Drive viewership of the show across USA, SYFY, and Peacock
How Chucky Used Community
- Fans were allowed to opt-in via text to receive messages directly from Chucky
- Fans received exclusive content and surprises like cast meetups at New York ComicCon
- In-character real-time texts from Chucky during live airings- some rated R texts were also age gated for mature audiences
- Cross promotion of the texting campaign through social media, New York ComicCon, and alongside content debuts
- Over 15,700 total acquired audience members opting into the text campaign
- 99.8% average audience retention rate across campaigns
- 47.9% average click-through rate across campaign text blasts
- Thousands of sign-ups within 6 hours of the initial promotional debut
- Significant viral chatter driven by the authentic experience
The innovative Chucky text messaging campaign created an extremely authentic and engaging experience for hardcore fans of this iconic horror figure, while also expanding reach to new audiences, driving meaningful sign-ups and increasing viewership. The interactive content was a creative way to immerse fans deeper into the show and drive tune-ins across NBCUniversal's platforms.