BIC® EASYRINSETM SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
1. Sweepstakes Period: The BIC® EasyRinseTM Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 20, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on April 19, 2023 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 states of the United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees of BIC USA Inc. (the “Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates (“Administrator”), their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. How To Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes, as described below.
- A. Enter via text: During the Sweepstakes Period, using your cellular phone or a two-way text-messaging capable device (collectively, the "Device"), text 802-242-8398 to receive a link to the Sweepstakes website (“Website”). Message and data rates may apply. Text “STOP” to stop. Text “HELP” for help. Reply "STOP" to opt out. Once on the Website, complete the on-screen registration form to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Text Entry”). Text Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on April 19, 2023 to be eligible.
- B. Enter via mail: You may earn a Sweepstakes entry via mail by hand printing your complete name, address, city, state, zip code, date of birth and email address on a plain 3"x5" piece of paper, inserting it into a in a hand-addressed #10 envelope, affixing sufficient postage and mailing it, to: The BIC EasyRinse Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 7749, Melville, NY 11775-7749 (“Mail Entry”). Each Mail Entry must be mailed separately, be postmarked by April 19, 2023 and received by April 26, 2023 to be eligible. Limit one (1) Mail Entry per envelope. No mechanically reproduced Mail Entries permitted. Not responsible for lost, late, illegible, mutilated, postage-due, misdirected Mail Entries, or Mail Entries not received in time for the random drawing.
Text Entries and Mail Entries will be collectively referred to as “Entries”. Limit one (1) Entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of Entry. Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged Entries. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any attempt by any entrant to avoid compliance with the limitations on Entries in these Official Rules by using multiple/different accounts, identities, email addresses, registrations and logins or any other methods will void such Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
NOTE ABOUT ENTERING SWEEPSTAKES VIA TEXT USING A DEVICE: When you use your Device and/or transmit data via your Device, standard data/text messaging rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Check your Device’s capabilities for specific instructions. Text messages will be sent from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services. By texting 802-242-8398 you will be opting in to receive future marketing communications from Sponsor. Reply "STOP" to opt out.
4. Drawing: One (1) Grand Prize winner and one hundred fifty (150) First Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about April 27, 2023 from among all eligible Entries received/postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period. Random drawing will be conducted by Administrator. The decisions of the Sponsor and the Administrator are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning depend on the total number of Entries received/postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period. Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received/postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period in accordance with these Official Rules.
5. Winner Notification/Verification: The potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration and Release Form (“Release”) confirming compliance with these Official Rules within three (3) days of notification attempt. If potential Grand Prize winner fails to return the completed Release (as appliable) within three (3) days, potential winner shall be deemed to be ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be selected. Release will be sent via email. Grand Prize winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes associated with the receipt of the prize and will be issued an IRS 1099 tax form for the value of the prize. First Prize winners will be mailed their prizes to the address submitted at the time of Entry within 6-8 weeks of verification. Return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection.
6. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1): $10,000, awarded in the form of a check. First Prize (150): A BIC EasyRinse shave kit. The ARV of each First Prize is $100. Prizes are nontransferable, non-assignable, and no substitution or cash redemption is allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right to award an alternate prize of equal or greater value if any advertised prize is unavailable.
7. General Rules: Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely Entries are void and will be disqualified. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged or misdirected Entries/winner notification documents; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user's computer/phone equipment (software or hardware)/Device, or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of Entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address given to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” of an email address is the natural person in whose name the email address has been issued. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and in the event of cancellation, the prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible Text Entries received in accordance with these Official Rules prior to cancellation and all Mail Entries received. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW; SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds: to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the Entry process, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or, to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect Entries and (a) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among all eligible Text Entries received in accordance with these Official Rules prior to cancellation and all Mail Entries received.
8. Warranties and Representations; Release of Liability: You hereby hold each of the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (the “Released Parties”) harmless from and against any third-party claim arising from use of any Entry and you waive any right to inspect or approve uses of your Entry by Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes or to be compensated for any such uses. Participating in the Sweepstakes constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use a winners’ name and city/state in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes only and as otherwise required by law. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the entrant agrees that Released Parties will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or component thereof, if applicable, or participation in the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes related activity. You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with their contents and agree to be bound by them.
9. Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Venue: SPONSOR IS REGISTERED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES WITH HEADQUARTERS IN CONNECTICUT. THE CONNECTICUT COURTS (STATE & FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT SHALL GOVERN THE SAME. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND HEREBY IRREVOCABLY SUBMITS TO THE VENUE OF THOSE COURTS WITHIN CONNECTICUT.
11. Winners List: To receive a Winners List by email, send an email to: email@example.com with BIC EasyRinse Sweepstakes as the subject line. Requests must be received by June 30, 2023.
12. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is BIC USA Inc., 1 BIC Way STE 1, Shelton, CT 06484. The Administrator of the Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.